The data is compelling
In Spain, we have 54% of female university graduates; Of these, 24.8% are engineers and architects, 34% are in management positions and 16% are in senior management. When we go up the pyramid, the percentage decreases.
If the data at the base of the pyramid is low and decreases as it rises, we need to create acceleration tools to reach a real advance.
The Management Development Program for Women Engineers and Directors focuses on the current reality: we work and move in all facets of our lives in a VUCA environment (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous), and we live a technological revolution based on the transition to systems built on digital infrastructures. In this situation, female engineers have better undergraduate training to take on management positions in the current digital and technological environment. However, due to the different skills that we acquire in our childhood and adolescence, female engineers need to reinforce some of them so that a necessary change in attitude takes place, such as self-confidence, leadership, personal brand, teamwork… That is, they need to enhance all those skills that will help them be visible within their organization.
They need to acquire management knowledge that allows them to have a global vision of the business and the latest management techniques and advanced technologies and data strategy for growth or better decision-making in digital disruption.
The Program is fully compatible with one's professional activity as its format guarantees the monitoring and achievement of this transformation process.
Additionally, this program wants to change the reality of this lack of female references and specific management strategies for female engineers, including a Masterclass of Female Engineers in Senior Management from the participating companies.
Unique program compatible with one's professional activity and specifically for women in STEM, Engineering to access Senior Management roles in companies.
The program provides the participant with managerial, digital and conscious and responsible business management skills to be able to access a management position in a short period of time, in addition to having an expert in coaching who helps to focus the participants' managerial ability. The areas for improvement for each student will be indicated, and a personal plan will be established with the follow-up of the expert.
The Talgo Foundation has decided to support and actively collaborate in the Accelerator Program for the professional career of Women in STEM/Engineering and Management, since
- It is a novel program.
- It will help complement Talgo's internal training program and further reinforce gender equality.
- It will be part of the Internal Promotion strategy, further promoting the professional career of the participants.
- It will retain and attract Talent.
- It will improve the work environment.
- It will foster pride of belonging.
- It will motivate performance on a day-to-day basis.
- It will improve us, in view of society and of our competitors.
A unique program that is compatible with a professional activity and specific for women engineers to access Senior Management roles of companies
The program equips the participant with the managerial, digital and conscious and responsible business management skills to be able to access a management position in a short period of time.
The program makes a contribution to the company's sustainability strategy and the 2030 Agenda It contributes to three SDGs:
- SDG 5 "Achieve Gender Equality and Empower Women and Girls".
- SDG 4 "Provide Quality Education".
- SDG 17 "Alliances to achieve objectives", in this case, the participation of engineers from different companies with the same objective.
Nebrija University will make a coaching expert available to each participant to help focus the participants' managerial ability. For each participant, the areas for improvement will be marked, and a personal plan will be established with the follow-up by the expert.
There are other training programs for the promotion of Women to Management, but none specific to women engineers, it is a proposal of value .
The Program is fully compatible with a professional activity, since it has a format that guarantees the monitoring and achievement of this transformation process.
Likewise, this program wants to change the reality of this lack of female references and specific management strategies for women in STEM/Engineering, including Masterclasses for women in STEM/Engineering of the Senior Management of participating Companies.
A network of women engineers, who will in the future be references, will be created to share experiences, and as business managers they will create the necessary conditions for there to be real progress towards equal opportunities and the distribution of talent in organizations.
The student must take 284 hours (60 face-to-face, 214 Online)
Module in Operational Management 172 H.
- INTRODUCTORY COURSE IN FINANCE 16h. online
- ANALYSIS OF THE INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT 16h. online
- MARKETING MANAGEMENT 4h. face-to-face + 20h. online
- FINANCIAL ANALYSIS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL 4h. face-to-face + 20h. online
- OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE 8h. face-to-face + 16h. online
- MANAGEMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES 16h. online
- SUSTAINABLE COMPANY STRATEGY 4h. face-to-face + 16h. online
- GOVERNANCE AND CSR 8h. online
- ENTREPRENEURIAL INITIATIVE 8h. online
Skills for the Future: Digital Skills 64 H.
- DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION AND DIGITAL TOOLS FOR MANAGEMENT 16h. online
- DATA-DRIVEN STRATEGY 16h. online
- BIG DATA & ADVANCED ANALYTICS AND ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE 16h. online
- DIGITAL MARKETING 16h. online
Skills for the Future: Leaderships Skills 32 H.
- TEAM WORK
- LEADERSHIP AND CONFLICT MANAGEMENT
- TIME MANAGEMENT
- INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION
- NEGOTIATION TECHNIQUES
- PERSONAL BRAND
- EFFECTIVE PRESENTATIONS
References & Best Practices 6 H.
- Master classes of leading women and experiences of managers from different areas of the company.
Coaching process for each participant
- Develop the potential of participants in a methodically structured and effective way
- Address situations of development of personal and professional potential.
- Focus the leadership participants' ability.
- Establish areas for improvement and a personal development plan.
- Description of the desired situation (target)
- Description of the current situation (area for improvement or difficulty).
- Map of options and resources (generation and selection).
- Action plan (specific action plan).
- Results (control and monitoring)
- The personalized coaching or management development sessions will address situations of aid or potential development of the participants as a support process. An expert in coaching will be made available to each participant to help focus their management ability. All actions will be carried out by email and with personal contact during each face-to-face period. Areas for improvement will be marked for each participant and a personal plan will be established.
3 coaching sessions per participant.
- Facilitate the acquisition and development of managerial skills and abilities for practical application.
- Strengthen all the managerial skills in women necessary for management: self-confidence, personal brand, teamwork...
- Learn to lead in today's digital and technological environment.
- Promote personal and professional development.
- Train to learn other possible leadership styles.
- Train for the transformation and management of personal change.
- Prepare to be on the succession list of company management positions.
- Demystify the limitations of the family environment.
Starts on September 20 Duration: 284h | 222h online + 62h face-to-face (6 months long with weeks off)
Program taught for 6 months with weeks off and August off as well. Blended Learning Methodology.
3 periods of face-to-face immersion on Thursday and Friday and Saturday morning: 21 hours each.
Organizational characteristics of the proposed format
- Optimization of face-to-face time.
- It favors women reconciling their family and professional life.
- Promotion of feedback.
- Monitoring and mediation of the faculty and speakers.
Who are we looking for
SUSANA NAVARRO ESPINA
Head of Offers, Costs and Industrialization, Department of Business Unit Headliners
For me, experiencing of this PMD focused on women managers and engineers meant making the journey with some magnificent colleagues from different professional profiles, which is very enriching for each, and with a great affinity in the approach, objectives and problems, which has further reinforced all the knowledge and skills that I acquired.
I would highlight the masterclasses taught by great women managers from the business world who have not only selflessly shared their great professional background and unique experiences, but also their personal development at different life moments.
I would like to thank the team of the Educational Executive Area of Nebrija University for the coordination and execution of this PMD aimed at continuing to grow professionally, to face the new challenges of executive management.
Telefónica Chief Digital Office – CDO
The Women in Engineering and Management Program has an excellent teaching staff, both in human and in professional quality. Our day-to-day work is very functional and they have given us a 360° vision of general management. The entire academic team stands out for its enormous track record and business experience that they have shared with both in methodology, processes, tools and case studies as a learning method.
I would highlight the lectures given by leading and brilliant women, as they have served as an inspiration and an example to believing in women accessing managerial positions. This, together with the network of colleagues that we have created thanks to networking and sharing the program, are the two great differential values of the PMD.
The program has especially helped me to grow in executive management: to be a better leader, to apply different methods, to make better decisions, to apply it on a day-to-day basis, to have a better transversal vision, and to "put myself in the shoes" of someone with a higher position.
Studying and working at the same time is very much compatible, although it requires effort. You learn to look for quality time, to reprioritize, to be in a healthy "tension" because it's worth it. Reconciling family and professional life allows you to balance these, but it is important for there be organization, family support and a lot of personal sacrifice.
The program is demanding, but this is part of the demand we have for ourselves in our professional development. It's only 6 months and it compensates for everything. The truth is that the experience was great and I would blindly recommend it to all the women who are convinced that it is possible to lead from the most humanistic values, managing high-performance teams, influencing decision-making and setting trends in the next business steps of the companies in which they are present.
The objective of this training course is to encourage women engineers from different companies to assume managerial responsibilities of any type and dimension, with a multidisciplinary training perspective, strengthening the concepts of commitment, effort and responsibility and providing them with a global vision of the company, immersed in a time of digital revolution.
- 1. Facilitate the acquisition and development of managerial skills and abilities for practical application, to generate conscious and responsible leadership and management knowledge that allows them to identify the specific needs of the organization and offer accurate diagnoses and valid solutions. Among the skills that are strengthened are self-confidence, leadership, teamwork, public presentations... enhancing all those skills that will help them be visible within their organization and, very specifically, personal brand, in which they are taught to draw up a structured strategy that allows them to bring out the best of themselves and to show it to others.
- 2. Enrich personal and professional development, enhancing teamwork and interrelation between the participants. Sharing personal experiences and observing that other women engineers in similar positions in different sectors are in a situation very similar to one's own strengthens the identification and cohesion of the group. "I am not alone" is worked on, generating greater self-confidence.
- 3. Focus on the strategic vision and find patterns and trends to understand the key role of technology in the company and society of the future, understanding the keys to these changes as a result of technological disruption. In the same way, the focus is placed on innovation and creativity, as essential axes for the generation of opportunities, the design of improvements and knowledge in detail of how the businesses of the different sectors of the economy are being transformed.
- 4. Establish contact with women engineers with high potential in positions close to management and who in the short future may carry out positions of responsibility in companies, enriching themselves by sharing, as well as knowing and learning from leading engineers in Senior Management positions with those who will reflect on the new management styles aimed at improving their results and change, and also on the different leadership styles. Women are generous leaders, who know how to control their stress and that of the organization; they are adaptive leaders, capable of seeing different realities and adapting to the context, we are more intuitive and emotionally intelligent; they are group leaders who achieve active team commitment, work communication and influence their team.
- 5. Demystify the limitations of the family environment: it is possible to reconcile and make it compatible with a director's role. We women place our own limitations on ourselves, many of us do not want to access positions of responsibility because we think that we will have to take time away from our family and dedicate informal time to work as an investment, such as going out to dinner with clients. Today, when change directs our lives, we must know that there are new styles of leadership that are different from the old ones and that these are possible. The leading women engineers included in the Program show us this.
The program will prepare you to be on the short list of your company's succession and, where appropriate, access a management position.
Fees & Financing
We are committed to helping you to explore financing options and opportunities so that you can make the best investment in your career and your future.
check the following link if you want more information about the scholarships you can apply for as a postgraduate student, or contact us through these mails:
Discover the position that Nebrija Business & Technology School occupies in the main international rankings