Innovative methodology for business analysis
Innovative program with the objective of training professionals in the development of comprehensive data-based business analysis projects that require addressing and creatively solving business problems. Therefore, students are trained in the knowledge, tools and skills necessary to be specialists in the practice of data-based business analysis in their professional environments. That is why the degree has a clear professional orientation.
In Spain, the professional profile of data analysts has a growth perspective of 30%, in addition to having one of the lowest unemployment rates (approximately 2%). This is mainly due to the growing demand for this type of expert by companies.
The 2020 Emerging Jobs Report in Spain prepared by LinkedIn highlights the great demand for data analysts, which has grown by 47% compared to the previous year, a profile that has been incorporated into strategic sectors such as banking, telecommunications or research, being the data analyst one of the 15 most promising professional profiles.
Business Analytics master's degree learning goals
The Master's Degree in Business Analytics' main objective is to train specialists capable of identifying, capturing, transforming, analyzing and interpreting data, to drive value and applied innovation in the company and its businesses.
In particular, students are expected to be able to:
- Demonstrate during their professional performance knowledge about the processes of data capturing, extraction, manipulation and conversion in different environments.
- Integrate the acquired knowledge and use it to solve information storage problems, including relational and non-relational databases.
- Analyze and perform statistical and quantitative models for descriptive and predictive data analysis.
- Master data visualization methods, both static and dynamic for business decision making.
- Integrate machine learning models and artificial intelligence into business decision making based on data analysis.
- Communicate to a specialized audience the details of business analysis using rigorous technical language.
- Take responsibility for their professional development, adapting to new environments and emerging ICTs.
Professional internships in the best companies in the sector
Along with the best companies
Students will be able to carry out their internships in some of the best international companies and institutions such as BBVA, Deloitte, Samsung and Repsol.
Business intelligence and data analysis are currently the greatest area of demand for qualified professionals and the greatest cause of business creation of products and services worldwide.
Curriculum that shows how to apply and implement flexible plans that can be executed in the short term in any company or organization.
- C1. Autonomously adopt solutions for complex business problems in the different functional areas of the company.
- C2. Master advanced statistical methods and programming for the analysis of complex situations within the company.
- C3. Apply techniques for the synthesis of information in the field of analytics and business intelligence.
- C4. Use the knowledge acquired and their ability to solve complex problems in new environments related to business analysis.
- C5. Autonomously design the planning and implementation of business analysis projects.
- C6. Rationally examine the most appropriate quantitative modeling techniques to solve different problems in the business environment.
- C7. Appropriately use advanced technical concepts in the field of business analysis and intelligence, both in oral and written expression, when communicating before a specialized audience.
- C8. Implement the knowledge and other skills acquired in the Master's in their professional practice.
- C9. Integrate the knowledge of the different areas of the company learned in the Master's degree and apply it in the preparation of the final research project.
The student must take 60 credits
First semester 30 ECTS
From October to January, both included
- 3 ECTS | Business analysis
- 6 ECTS | Advanced computing for business analysis
- 6 ECTS | Structured and unstructured data management
- 6 ECTS | Visualization and business intelligence
- 6 ECTS | Advanced data analysis techniques for business
- 3 ECTS | Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data
Second semester 30 ECTS
From February to June, both included
- 6 ECTS | Management of Big Data and Artificial Intelligence in business
- 3 ECTS | Predictive models in business analysis
- 3 ECTS | Business Intelligence Solutions
- 6 ECTS | Digital analytics and text mining
- 6 ECTS | Professional internships
- 6 ECTS | Final Research Project
Employability and Internships
The Master's Degree in Business Analytics trains:
- Data analysts in management control departments or other company departments, especially in the marketing and sales area and in the production and operations areas.
- Managers, project managers or analysts of business intelligence information systems and analysts of companies that have acquired or are about to acquire this type of system.
- Consultants and implementers of business intelligence and big data systems.
- Data architects, who design and build the data platform for data intelligence and/or big data projects.
- Entrepreneurs, who wish to create businesses based on the creation or implementation of specialized business intelligence systems or any of their components, as well as data-based products and/or services.
Numerous collaboration agreements, to carry out professional internships, with some of the best companies and institutions in the sector, such as:
- BANCO SANTANDER , S.A.
- ATRESMEDIA CORPORACIÓN DE MEDIOS DE COMUNICACIÓN,S.A.
- CANON ESPAÑA, S.A.
- GAS NATURAL SDG, S.A.
- GLOBALIA SERVICIOS CORPORATIVOS
- HELLA, S.A.
- IBERDROLA, S.A.
- INDITEX, S.A.
- MAN TRUCK & BUS IBERIA, S.A.U.
- MICROSOFT IBÉRICA, S.R.L.
- MINISTERIO ECONOMÍA (DGCOMINVER)
- RENAULT TRUCKS ESPAÑA S.L.
- REPSOL, S.A.
- ROBERT BOSCH ESPAÑA, S.L.U.
- TELEFONICA, S.A.
- VODAFONE ESPAÑA, S.A.U.
The current access and admission regulations of RD 822/2021, of September 28, are followed.
Students who have an official Bachelor's degree -or equivalent- in the field of knowledge of Economic Sciences, business administration and management, marketing, commerce, accounting and tourism will be able to access this Master's Degree. Also, degrees in the knowledge area of engineering, mathematics, physics, in the STEM area, closely related to data and its analytics directly. Both student profiles are fully admissible in the Master's degree because, with the learning outcomes and the proposed curriculum, they will achieve the fundamental skills, abilities and skills to be experts in business analysis.
Access routes and requirements
For the purposes of pre-admission and admission, the evaluation of the candidate will be made on a scale from 0 to 10 points, taking into account the following criteria and percentages:
- • Academic record [50%]
The grades obtained by the candidate in their previous studies will be assessed.
- • Structured personal interview [40%]
The suitability of the candidate will be assessed by virtue of their experience, knowledge, technical and professional skills required to successfully take the intended studies. Their motivation and attitudes will also be assessed, as well as other personal aspects that contribute to his adequate adjustment to the chosen studies. The interview may be conducted in the language in which the studies are taught.
- • Presentation document of the candidate [10%]
In a personally-prepared document, the candidate will explain their motivation and interest in the studies requested, as well as any other personal circumstance that they consider relevant to the selection process.
Additionally, candidates must pass a specific competences test, to determine if the candidate has the basic knowledge and minimum level to be able to take the Master's degree, and the directors of the degree will assess whether it is so during the structured personal interview with the candidate.
EIn the event that the candidate's mother tongue is not Spanish, they must prove a B2 level of Spanish, through any accredited certificate.
The admission tests must be assessed within a global strategy aimed at knowing the characteristics of the applicants, in order to determine if the candidate has sufficient motivation, as well as training and knowledge, skills, aptitudes, communication skills, extracurricular activities and future interests necessary to be admitted as a candidate in Nebrija University's academic programs.
Fees and Financing
We are committed to helping you to explore financing options and opportunities so that you can make the best investment in your career and your future.
Check the following link if you want more information about the scholarships you can apply for as a postgraduate student, or contact us through these mails:
Discover the position that Nebrija Business & Technology School occupies in the main international rankings