Towards a new era of people management
The current work environment demands a new generation of human resources professionals capable of streamlining people management processes and responding to business needs.
The new forms of collaboration, internal mobility and participation in attractive projects that provide employability to the workers of organizations, the management of personalized compensation for each employee, corporate culture, the possibilities of a professional career and the styles of leadership are only some of the projects that any professional dedicated to people management must face in order to combine business strategy with people management.
We are entering a new generation in people management that requires knowledge, creativity and technical proficiency to be able to face the problems posed by the current work environment, which is increasingly demanding and changing, and where the presence of automation and digitization is increasingly more usual.
The Master's Degree in Leadership and Human Resources Management in the face-to-face modality includes the Sagardoy Degree in Digital Talent Management & HR Analytics from Nebrija University and Sagardoy Business & Law School, designed to provide technical excellence to future human resources professionals who wish to acquire differential knowledge to tackle the new challenges posed by people management.
Our official Master's degree in all its modalities trains our students to be leaders in the areas of human resources. The competences, knowledge, skills and abilities that they acquire there are comprehensive and demanding, and a very complete and global vision of people management at all levels.
As is demanded by the BANI environment in which they enter the working world, the Master's approach to leadership trains them in skills and competences, both hard and soft, and sets their profile apart within the area of people management in which they wish to develop.
The large number of extracurricular activities that are carried out in the Master's degree, in collaboration with important companies and international and national HR Directors, make Nebrija graduates be recognized for their excellent preparation for any public and/or private company.
The high employability index of our official accredited Master's degree guarantees that students who choose this program in any modality are committing to a safe and differential value from the rest of the academic offer in HR.
Complementary training with Sagardoy Business & Law School
The partnership between Nebrija University and Sagardoy Business & Law School has allowed the designing of an exclusive program with an innovative vision of the human resources function aligned with the business strategy of organizations.
A carefully selected faculty of lecturers, who come from the main companies and strategic human resources consultancies. All of them represent the best practices of people management policies.
The Master's degree is designed from a strategic perspective with a special focus on:
• New forms of collaboration and new working methods
• HR Analytics
• The strategic management of compensation
• The impact on business results of human resources policies
Testimonials about the Master in Leadership and HR Management
“It is a pleasure to be at a university that welcomes you and facilitates things from the very start; but it is even better to see that all the skills and knowledge acquired in class are put into practice during my internships in the company.”
“I would highlight the practical training and closeness shown by the great professionals who teach the Master's degree. They always kept us up to date on trends and tools. Thanks to this, I now work at Grupo Binternational, an international human resources consultancy working in Germany, Portugal, Chile, among others.”
“Mi experiencia en Nebrija fue excepcional. Estoy finalizando el Master Oficial en Liderazgo y Dirección de RRHH (programa online) que ofrece la universidad y estoy encantada con la experiencia. Los contenidos, la dinámica de trabajo y los docentes son de primer nivel. Lo que más destaco de la universidad es la cantidad de eventos extracurriculares y bolsa de empleo que ofrece a los alumnos. Gracias a ello, sumado el excelente trabajo del departamento de Carreras Profesionales, he conseguido realizar mis prácticas en una reconocida cadena internacional de hoteles. En lo personal, Nebrija ha representado un antes y un después en mi carrera profesional, la recomiendo al 100%.”
- BC6 Have and understand knowledge that provides a basis or opportunity to be original in the development and/or application of ideas, often in a research context.
- BC7 Students must know how to apply the knowledge acquired and their ability to solve problems in new or little-known environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their area of study.
- BC8 Students must be able to integrate knowledge and face the complexity of formulating judgments based on information that, being incomplete or limited, includes reflections on the social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- BC9 Students must know how to communicate their conclusions and the ultimate knowledge and reasons that support them to specialized and non-specialized audiences in a clear and unambiguous way.
- BC10 Students must have the learning skills that allow them to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed or autonomous.
- GC1.- Students must acquire up-to-date knowledge of the different areas of the company.
- GC2.- Students must be able to systematically understand the relevant information of the company, its context and how to apply it to complex situations, taking into account how it affects other departments.
- GC3.- Students must master sufficient techniques that allow them to obtain and analyze information, evaluate its relevance and validity, synthesize it and adapt it to the context.
- GC4.- Students must be able to deal with complex and unpredictable situations in a systematic and creative way, with critical judgment, with incomplete information, assuming risks, making decisions and communicating them to any type of audience.
- GC5.- Students must be able to communicate correctly both orally and in writing, using the latest technology.
- GC6.- Students must be able to act autonomously in the planning and implementation of projects and decisions.
- GC7.- Students must be able to play different roles within a team, particularly that of leader.
- GC8.- Students must be able to recognize the need for change and must have the necessary ability to manage it.
- GC9.- Students must be able to act autonomously within a framework of responsible freedom.
- GC10.- Students must be able to add value to the company through creativity and its participation.
- GC11.- Ability to integrate into the organization and government of the company the values and policies of effective equality, especially between women and men and with attention to disabilities.
- GC12.- Students must be able to understand and develop abilities and skills typical of leadership responsibilities in the field of organizations.
Likewise, students must have acquired the following specific skills at the end of the Master's degree:
- SC1. Ability to understand the organizational structure, and the intervention of the Human Resources Department therein.
- SC2. Ability to plan human resources and manage them by applying the competences criteria.
- SC3. Ability to analyze, describe and assess jobs in a company, organization or institution.
- SC4. Ability to establish and apply recruitment strategies and selection of human resources, both internal and external, to supply human capital with the necessary skills.
- SC5. Ability to develop Human Resources, applying the corresponding training, promotion and performance evaluation techniques.
- SC6. Ability to design and implement different motivational systems, knowing in depth the different styles of Leadership and Management applicable to each company based on its organizational culture.
- SC7. Ability to generate internal communication plans through innovative technologies, attending in parallel to the interpersonal communication needs of human resources.
- SC8. Ability to perform Basic Level functions in Occupational Risk Prevention.
- SC9. Ability to perform the necessary calculations for a correct preparation of payslips, the criteria of labor law, collective agreements, Social Security and tax.
- SC10. Ability to design remuneration policies and salary structures adequate to knowing in depth the concepts that make up the total payroll and the derived personnel costs.
- SC11. Know and apply labor legislation applicable to labor relations, both individual and collective.
- SC12. Ability to develop conflict resolution techniques applied to collective negotiations with the different Social Agents.
- SC13. Ability to design and implement HR management methods and techniques, using technological innovation in their management programs.
- SC14. Ability to apply the knowledge, skills and attitudes acquired in the Master's degree in a specific work environment.
- SC15. Ability to demonstrate the acquisition of general and specific program competencies.
- SC16. Presentation and defense of the Final Research Project on an original subject of practical application, carried out individually, before a university tribunal.
The student must take 60 credits
Final Research Project
(only for face-to-face modality)
Master’s Degree in Leadership and Human Resources Management 60 ECTS
- 4 ECTS | Organization and Planning of Human Resources
- 4 ECTS | The Workplace in Organizations
- 4 ECTS | Recruitment and Selection of Human Resources
- 4 ECTS | Professional Development and Training
- 4 ECTS | Leadership and Motivation. Communication
- 4 ECTS | Occupational Risk Prevention
- 4 ECTS | Payroll and Social Security
- 4 ECTS | Remuneration Policy
- 4 ECTS | Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining
- 4 ECTS | Strategic Human Resources Management
- 8 ECTS | Professional Internship
- 12 ECTS | Final Research Project
Subjects of the
Expert Degree in Digital Talent Management & HR Analytics 22 ECTS (* Only for the face-to-face modality)
- 3 ECTS | Introduction to Accounting
- 1 ECTS | De-hierarchization and Liquid Structures
- 1 ECTS | Strategic Management of Senior Talent
- 1 ECTS | Emotional Intelligence in Organizations
- 1 ECTS | AGILE
- 2 ECTS | Staff Sizing
- 3 ECTS | Executive Compensation
- 2 ECTS | Social Welfare Plans
- 2 ECTS | HR Metrics
- 1 ECTS | Diversity & Inclusion
- 4 ECTS | Success Stories in HR
- 1 ECTS | HR Consulting Methodology
First semester 6 ECTS
Second semester 16 ECTS
100% practical Online Education
This official Master's Degree is intended to train future Human Resources professionals, who can carry out functions of responsibility such as consultants, area managers and Business Partners. Students will get a combined and global business vision of all areas of Human Resources, from organization and planning to management.
The online modality allows students to combine their personal and professional life with the academic one.
The Master's Degree in Leadership and Management of Human Resources is an innovative program that complements the classic concept of leading teams of people, with the current and necessary ingredient of leadership. It is a unique proposal, which intensifies education towards leadership and talent management.
The methodology is eminently practical, in which the case method is followed. Continuous evaluation and personalized attention are two of the fundamental characteristics of this Master's degree. The Blackboard learning platform is used. The professors are active professionals and doctors, the student groups are small, which guarantees the quality of the teaching received.
|Percentage of PhD holders
Tamara Codón Varona
Adjunct ProfessorSEE PROFESSOR CV
Eva María Iglesias Guzmán
Lecturer / Human Resources and Leadership
Directora académica del Máster en Liderazgo y Dirección de Recursos HumanosSEE PROFESSOR CV
Doctor en Psicología por la Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
Partner en Exec Avenue, a Research CompanySEE PROFESSOR CV
Pablo Romero Cagigal
Asociado en Grow Advisors, Logalia y AZC GlobalSEE PROFESSOR CV
Sagardoy Business and Law School
Consultor Talent & Rewards en Willis Towers WatsonVER CURRÍCULUM
Jorge Estefanía es Ingeniero Industrial por la Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.VER CURRÍCULUM
Director de programas
en Sagardoy Business & Law SchoolVER CURRÍCULUM
Profesora AsociadaVER CURRÍCULUM
Abogado en Sagardoy AbogadosVER CURRÍCULUM
Abogada en Sagardoy AbogadosVER CURRÍCULUM
Human Resources Senior Manager en CepsaVER CURRÍCULUM
Directora académica del Máster en Liderazgo y Dirección de Recursos Humanos
Doctora en Comunicación por la Universidad Complutense de MadridVER CURRÍCULUM
Director de AudelcoVER CURRÍCULUM
Vicepresidente en btsVER CURRÍCULUM
Socio Director de Experiencia de empleado en LukkapVER CURRÍCULUM
Director y consultor de Gestión de talento en Lorem IngeniaVER CURRÍCULUM
Gerente en CPLVER CURRÍCULUM
Gerente Bienestar y Salud en Grupo SantalucíaVER CURRÍCULUM
Director HRBP en CofaresVER CURRÍCULUM
Employability and Internships
The Master's Degree in Leadership and Human Resources Management + Sagardoy Own Degree in Digital Talent Management & HR Analytics trains students to:
- Design, plan and write technological proposals that meet all the required quality parameters.
- Apply project design and management methodologies in its four specific stages: planning, negotiation, exploitation and innovation.
- Analyze the existing technological fields and learn about the various sources of financing and R+D+i programs.
- Delve into the presentation, execution and justification of technological projects.
Guaranteed Professional Internships
PROCEDURE FOR CARRYING OUT PROFESSIONAL INTERNSHIPS
Paid internships in companies, offices and consulting
The partnership between Nebrija University and Sagardoy Business & Law School allows for excellent internship opportunities in important companies in which students put everything they have learned in class into practice in order to improve their employability and professional career after completing the Master's degree.
Some of the collaborating companies
- Banco Santander
- BBVA Next Technologies
- Calidad Pascual
- DLA PIPER
- El Corte Inglés
- Fábrica de Moneda y Timbre
- Ferrovial Servicios
- Johnson & Johnson
- Línea Directa
- RSM Spain
- Santa Lucía
- Securitas Direct
- THE KEY TALENT
- Walters People
- Willis Towers Watson
Calendar and schedulesFace-to-face Calendar October 2022-2023 Online Calendar October (MRHD22) 2022-2023 Online Calendar April (MRD21B) 2022-2023
Duration of the Master's and place it taught
The academic program takes place from October to June. Classes are taught from Monday to Friday, in the afternoon (from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.). The internship period may be carried out during the academic year.
The Master's degree will be taught in the heart of the university center of Madrid, at the Madrid-Princesa campus of Nebrija University, located at Calle Santa Cruz de Marcenado 27.
As established in Royal Decree 861/2010, students who meet any of the following conditions may access these studies:
- Have an official Spanish university degree or another issued by a higher education institution of the European Higher Education Area that authorizes access to Master's degrees in the country issuing the degree.
- Graduates from educational systems outside the European Higher Education Area will be able to access without the need for homologation of their degrees, after the University verifies that they accredit a level of education equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degrees, and that these grant access to postgraduate education in the country issuing the degree. Access through this route will not imply, in any case, the homologation of the previous degree held by the interested party, nor its recognition for other purposes than that of studying the Master's degree.
- In the case of students with special educational needs derived from disability, the need for possible curricular adaptations, itineraries or alternative studies will be assessed.
The admission process consists of the following phases:
Send the required documentation by postal mail or courier to the Postgraduate Admissions Section
The documentation that the candidate must provide is the following:
- a. Completed Admission Application.
- b. Photocopy of ID (Spanish candidates) or passport (foreign candidates).
- c. Two color passport-size photographs.
- d. Certified photocopy of the official diploma of the Associate's or Bachelor's Degree. For foreign candidates, said certified photocopy, with the corresponding official translation, where appropriate, must be legalized through diplomatic channels or, where appropriate, by means of the Hague Convention apostille, except in the case of documents issued by the authorities of the Member States of the European Union or signatories to the agreement on the European Economic Area. In addition, they must prove that the degree provided grants access to postgraduate studies in the issuing country.
- e. Certified photocopy of the academic record. For foreign candidates, said certified photocopy, with the corresponding official translation, where appropriate, must be legalized through diplomatic channels or, where appropriate, through the Apostille of The Hague, except in the case of documents issued by the authorities of the Member States of the European Union or signatories of the agreement on the European Economic Area.
- f. Personalized letter of intent addressed to the Director of the Master's Program, in which they explain the reasons why they wish to carry out the Master's studies, as well as the academic and professional expectations that lead them to this choice.
- h. Updated Curriculum Vitae.
- h. a) Two letters.
Taking an admission test
The test that candidates must take for admission to this Master's program will be specific according to the specialization they wish to take, and its purpose is for students to certify mastery of the skills related to it, as established by the ECI Order/3858/2007, section 4.2.
Those who have any of the university degrees that correspond to the chosen specialization will be exempt from taking said test.
This test consists of the following sections:
- a. A personal data questionnaire.
- b. A question referring to the candidate's expectations about the Master's, to show their ability to express themselves about the field of study.
- c. In the same way, the ability to express oneself fluently in Spanish and English is valued.
- d. An English level test to place the student on a scale of proficiency in this language, in order to guarantee that, at the end of the master's degree, the student can accredit the B2 level, required by the regulations, for those students who take subjects in English. Nebrija is a member of ACLES (Association of Language Centers in Higher Education), an association that has its own certification system approved by the Rectors' Conference. Thus, students will pass an exam that will certify the level of English obtained.
This written admission test will be complemented by a personal interview with a member of the faculty of the business department of the School of Law and International Relations. This interview can be done in person or remotely through the computer tools available at the university and that ensure the identity of the applicant.
These tests will be carried out in person in Madrid or in the provinces during the presentation sessions of the academic programs carried out by the Nebrija Promotion and Admissions Department (P&A).
The testing periods are:
- EARLY CALL: Tests held in the months from February to May.
- ORDINARY CALL: Tests held in June and July.
- EXTRAORDINARY CALL: Tests held in September.
Presentation of the candidacy to the Admissions Committee of the Master's program
All the documents submitted by the student, together with the result of the Admission Tests, are evaluated by the Admissions Committee of the Master's program. Said Committee assesses whether the documents are administratively correct and whether the candidate's profile matches the profile recommended for the master's degree.
In addition to meeting the legally established access requirements indicated above, the Admissions Committee will accept or reject the admission of a student considering the following admission criteria:
- Academic record. Candidates will be weighted directly in this section from 1 to 10, depending on the grade average of their academic record.
- Satisfactory results in the specific skills admission tests for this master's degree. The candidate will need to show an admission profile reasonably consistent with that recommended for this master's degree.
- Degree of motivation and attitude of the candidate. This can also be a relevant factor when it comes to admitting a student or not, and in the interview the student can also be guided about the options offered by the master's degree.
- Professional experience in the business field, especially in leadership and/or related to human resources.
- Given that it is a program with distance learning and blended versions, the real possibility of correctly carrying out the planned educational activities (which may have a certain face-to-face component in the blended version) will be assessed. This will be evaluated during the personal interview, in which the interviewer will assess whether the job and personal situation of the candidate, their availability, etc. is compatible with the normal development of the teaching-learning process and activities with the expected teaching load. As a result of this joint analysis, which will entail a mutual exchange of information, the student can be guided about their real possibilities, the recommended annual workload, and they will be informed about the compulsory attendance, in the case of the blended version, in some activities (exams, etc.) or even, where appropriate, will reject their candidacy if there is a probability of not being able to satisfactorily carry out the programmed training activities.
- The required English language level for students whose mother tongue is not English and who are going to take subjects in that language must be at least B2. Likewise, for those students whose mother tongue is not Spanish, and who are going to take subjects in that language, they must have a B2 level of Spanish.
If the number of students exceeds the maximum limit, the Admissions Committee will decide based on the following weighting:
- Academic record (30%)
- previous education (10%)
- level of knowledge of English (30%)
- specific training courses taken (10%)
- previous experience in the business field (20%)
In order to carry out the weighting, each of the previous criteria will be valued from 1 to 10 before adding the weighted sum.
Finally, if applicable, the Admissions Committee will approve the candidate's admission to the Master's Program and/or the detailed proposal of competence complements and the corresponding training actions and credit load that the candidate must take.
Fees & Financing
We are committed to helping you to explore financing options and opportunities so that you can make the best investment in your career and your future.
Check the following link if you want more information about the scholarships you can apply for as a postgraduate student, or contact us through these mails:
Discover the position that Nebrija Business & Technology School occupies in the main international rankings