Nursing must recognize in what state the patient is in regarding the preparation and acceptance of their drug problem (insight) and assess in any case if they are willing to make the change; not forgetting that there is a percentage of patients who do not want to stop using drugs, and want to actively maintain their consumption.
In any case, we must recognize, be able to approach and actively accompany the user of these substances.
The comprehensive approach, the recognition of substances, their effects in the physical and psychological areas, as well as accompaniment is basic in any case in this field, with the referral to the corresponding medical assistance unit.
The student of the course, a nursing professional, will be able to identify and act effectively in the face of different substances in drug-dependent patients.
At the end of the course, the professional nursing student will acquire the minimum competences to:
- Know how to act in the complex real situations of drug-dependent patients.
- Apply the knowledge acquired to face the therapeutic nursing process of the drug-dependent patient.
- Apply the knowledge acquired to monitor the treatments (pharmacological and psychological) established by a Psychiatrist and/or Psychologist.
- Discern between the different most frequent drugs and how to act with each, with their corresponding therapeutic approaches established by specialized medical units.
- The course is taught online through the virtual classroom of Nebrija Global Campus. The lectures scheduled in a calendar previously communicated to the students are broadcast live with the professor's initial teaching presentation and later an interaction with the students to answer questions and pose clinical cases. The sessions will be recorded for the professionals who are not able to attend the live session, and can attend them adapting them to the professionals' schedule.
- Sessions and syllabus with audiovisual support.
- Teaching material and bibliography provided by teachers.
- Interactive forum.
- Exercises for students with follow-up.
- Interactive personalized tutoring via email.
- Evaluation: The student must follow the theoretical content and exercises posed by the teacher, live or in the sessions that will be recorded. The evaluation of knowledge will be done with a multiple-choice exam with 50 questions and 5 possible answers, with only one valid answer. The student will need 60% of correct answers to guarantee the assimilation of concepts and the fulfillment of the objectives. Post-course assessment survey on satisfaction of expectations.