teaching and internacionalization
QS Stars Ranking
QS Stars Ranking
employability & inclusiveness
QS Stars Ranking
2nd Spanish University
We are among the 6 best
2nd Spanish private University
Degree:Master’s Degree in Cognition and Emotion in Educational Contexts
Type of degree: Master’s Degree
Learning center:School of Languages and Education
Total Credits 60 credits .
Minimum 12 ECTS credits and maximum 60 ECTS credits per enrollment and academic year
Duration: 1 year. From October to June
Type of Teaching: Class attendance
University Services: [+info]
The students will acquire broad and advanced knowledge on the cognitive, emotional and behavioral processes from the viewpoint of neuroscience. In addition, they can complement their education by participating in the actions derived from the Nebrija Santander Chair in Executive Intelligence and Education, directed by José Antonio Marina, as well as collaborating with different initiatives derived from the research of the Cognitive Science Center - C3, directed by Jon Andoni Duñabeitia.
BOE Num. 168, of 12 July 2018
All our degrees and curricula have been prepared in accordance with the new guidelines set by current legislation, having already been verified by the National Agency for Quality Assessment.
Students must take 60 credits
In the development of the training plan, the students can acquire a set of basic, general and specific competences.
In accordance with Royal Decree 43/2015 and Royal Decree 861/2010, which modifies Royal Decree 1393/2007, of October 29, which establishes the organization of the official university teaching, as well as the Royal Decree1027/2011, which establishes the Spanish Qualification Framework for Higher Education (MECES), the Master’s Degree teaching must guarantee the acquisition of the following basic competences:
At the end of their studies, the students must have acquired the following Specific Competences:
The Master’s Degree will begin in October and will end in June. The zero week will take place from October 7 to 10 with the objective of presenting the program.
The lectures will begin on October 14, 2019 and will end on April 16, 2020. The in-person classes will be held from 16:00 to 20:00 hours, from Monday to Thursday.
At the end of the lecture period, students must prepare, deliver and defend their Final Research Project before a Tribunal.
Delivery of the documentation necessary for admission.
In general, the admission documentation will be presented in the Admissions Department. Students must provide the originals or certified copies of the documentation presented in the period established by the University for formalizing their enrollment. Inaccuracy, false information or omission of data in declarations or documents provided by the students in the admission period will determine the impossibility of continuing with the exercise of the right from the time in which the University has evidence of such facts, proceeding to the annulment of the presented application and the awarded place without prejudice of the criminal, civil or administrative responsibilities that may exist.
In order to access the official master’s degree, the following documentation must be delivered:
In the case that the studies with which the student accesses the preregistration of the Master’s Degree are taken in Foreign Higher Education Classes, both the diploma and the academic certificate (grades) must be official and be issued by the competent authorities, in accordance with the legal system of the country of origin.
In addition, the requisites must be fulfilled that are indicated in detail in the “Access and admission procedure for the Master_PO12” of the Teaching Organization Plan that the University has implemented.
In addition to the evaluation of the academic merits provided by the candidate, the students must undergo a personal interview that forms part of the admission process. This interview, conducted by the academic management or coordination of the Master’s Degree or a professor of the faculty, is oriented to verifying the suitability of the candidate and his profile in accordance with the degree. It deals with determining whether the candidate has sufficient motivation, training and knowledge, abilities, aptitudes, communication skills, extracurricular activities and future interests to be admitted as a student in the post-graduate programs of Nebrija University.
In the Master’s Degree in Cognition and Emotion in Educational Contexts, the academic merits have a weight of 20% in the admission process, the other 80% depends on the personal interview. One of the criteria with greatest weight in the interview is having a medium-high level of English in order to be able to read academic texts and be able to take maximum advantage of the program, as well as interest in the basic concepts of neuroscience that can be applied in educational contexts.
Nebrija Santander Chair in Executive Intelligence and Education